Manhattan, New York
The national capital is more sort of a giant, living museum. Visitors are immersed in and surrounded by thousands of years of history. it is a relatively compact city, and a three-day itinerary gets you to the minimum number of must-see places.
10 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions & Things to Do in Manhattan, New York
- 1. Statue of Liberty
- 2. Central Park
- 3. Rockefeller Center & Top of the Rock Observation Deck
- 4. Metropolitan Museum of Art
- 5. Broadway and the Theater District
- 6. CEmpire State Building
- 7. 9/11 Memorial and Museum
- 8. High Line
- 9. Times Square
- 10. Grand Central Terminal
These must-see sites for any visitor include the Colosseum and adjacent Roman Forum; the Pantheon; and Citta del Vaticano, a separate country within the middle of central Rome.
Take it slow to explore the outskirts of Rome, too. Consider a hike along a tomb-lined section of the Appian Way, the traditional Roman superhighway, and a visit to 1 of the aqueduct ruins outside town.